Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/4/11 Coming to the end of the Road

As my journey winds down, I find myself writing fewer entries – as it should be.  My chemo finished and I am in week #2 after it.  I stopped the steroids, so, unfortunately, my hand-foot syndrome came back a little.  A small angry red spot with blisters (like my planet Jupiter) developed on the back of my left hand that itched and swelled until I took some scripts.  The hand-foot swelling, numbness, itching, and peeling are noticeable, but not debilitating. Now the symptoms are slowly abating.

I went for my radiation simulation on Monday and got the tiniest freckle tattoos I never did see. They are blue I’m told, but I still came back with stories as to why Kurt should NEVER get them.  He winced and eewed, so maybe they worked.  Ok, OK, I know you wanna hear at least one!  The Radiation Tech told me how she sees ALL the older folks tattoos and what I said is correct.  Skin stretches, wrinkles, and goes in different directions.  Skin pigment also changes as we age, so those gorgeous colors FADE.  There was this elderly woman around 68 who fit this bill.  Her tattoo was around her belly button – ORIGINALLY – but now it was a black-green splotch that oozed down to her nether area.  NOT PRETTY!!!!
 
Yes, radiation is now in sight!  October 17th is my dry run #1 then I start my 5-day-a-week treatments; 25 in all then dry run #2 then 8 “Booster” radiations to follow.  So, lucky 33 is my number! 
My little video...damn it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment