Thursday, August 4, 2011

4/30/2011 Things I learned from this so far...Things I’ve always known, and help me to this day

Things I learned from this so far:

  • When getting a mammo, sometimes it’s VERY good to have the technician clamp down hard like a pancake (as I loathe to say).  If I hadn’t asked her to do that, they would never had caught this!!  It was because of this that they saw the ILC this early.  ILC is normally not seen until it’s >2cm – Stage 2 cancer. As the saying goes, no pain-no gain.
  • When you get medical news like this and begin to research on the internet, go to an official site (I went to the breastcancer.org one) to get info.  Look around for an hour then STOP.  Too much info & info of the unknown will start to scare you, especially when you don’t have all YOUR test info back.
  • Although my cancer is not genetic, anyone can get it.  It is most likely caused by too much Estrogen in my system during peri-menopause years (a new find in medical research).  How’d I get that?  Possible/Probable causes of increased estrogen:  SOY contains high estrogen levels (as do a few other foods, vitamins, medicines, birth control, etc.) and estrogen is stored in fat cells.  Yes, tell all women over 35 to LOSE THE WEIGHT!!!!  I began losing weight in 2010 – 20 lbs – but it was too late.  I will CONTINUE to LOSE because I don’t want any more scares!!  DEFINITELY SHARE THIS INFO WITH WOMEN YOU KNOW!!!

Things I’ve always known, and help me to this day:

  • SUPPORT!!!  No, not the binding bra they had me in, but FAMILY & FRIENDS!  I’ve made it rule in my life to accept help when needed and offered AND to ASK for it when needed!!!  No one should go through life alone thinking they are alone.  None of us are!
  • SMILE!!! I smile a lot because it makes me and others feel good – POSITIVE vibes sent out are received back en masse!! Keep on, keeping on!

Love, Reggie                         

No comments:

Post a Comment