Thursday, August 4, 2011

CHEMO - ROUND 2

8/3/11
From: Reggie
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:51 PM
Subject: Round 2
Round 2 Chemo today!  Got the Benadryl & Ativan up front so I went to lah-lah land within the first hour.  Drugs are amazing things – my body NEEDS the sleep so I welcomed it.
Of course, no trip to ANY facility is boring when the “Reggie Show” is in town:
I tried to fight the IV potions by talking and had Breda laughing with my slurred tones and non-sensical quips.  Then I said I think I’m gonna pass out now and did mid-sentence.  So, I conked out with my mouth open and everything.
Next my chair got bumped when I was in a deep sleep (accidentally of course) and I startled awake like a baby would: arms & legs shooting forward and up (I sit in a recliner) with a surprised look on my face.  The nurse apologized and asked if I was all right, to which I replied, “I was sound asleep.” And proceeded to conk out again. Yes, mouth open and everything! J  I heard the laughter as I slipped back down the spiral stairs to Sleepytown.
I woke briefly to see Breda back from the cafeteria where she giggled about getting chili and a bagel (not her usual fair AT ALL).  I asked if it was goooood, she giggled again & I said that it was worth the points then (Weight Watchers). And I proceeded to zonk out again, but on a lighter cloud because once again I heard laughter (yes at my expense) and a faraway voice say, “Of course she’s out cause now it’s time to go.” More giggling in the background.
Yes, I can make anything fun for others! ;P
Got home around 1:30pm, ate some homemade chicken soup (cause I think ahead), apparently typed an email or 3 then went to bed (till 9pm).  So, daughter, sister, niece, friend is doing oK today and ready for the week to come!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment