Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/24/11 DEFINITION OF INSANITY

Yes, it’s been almost TEN DAYS since my last entry.  Why?  Well, lemme tell yah! :)

The day after my last entry, I started having a nasty allergic reaction to what I call a chemical spill.  When I received my last chemo treatment, some of it leaked into my tissues (yeah, boo-boo on phlebotomist’s part).  So, a few days later I got a chemical burn on the back of my right hand (pic below) that got worse as the days went by.  It got redder, hotter, and developed blisters.  Course at the time I had NO IDEA what it was, so I called the office and was told it’s just an allergic reaction to put some cream on it and take Benadryl.

Whelp, after the blisters got worse, I figured it was MORE than that, but had to go to Orlando to close out my Uncle’s estate.  So, I went and hoped for the best.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I should know better!  By the weekend I had full-blown Hand-Foot Syndrome!!  My Feet were itchy and swollen, but not as bad as my hands. My hands were like marshmallows, I couldn’t close them,  and they HURT like the dickens!  They burned and itched to the point of NO RELIEF!!!  The way I was itching and wringing my hands, Chris said I looked demented.  Well, I FELT DEMENTED!! 

DEFINITION OF INSANITY:  Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

So, I called my Dr. and made an appointment for Tuesday the 23rd when we got back.  She took great pity on me and gave me IV meds and some prescriptions.  Here I am a day later ABLE TO TYPE and close my hands!!!  What a relief.  Thank God for Medication!!!

So, now back to blogging and probating my Uncle’s estate.  TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment