Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/26/11 Chemo Hurricane

As Hurricane Irene approaches, I can’t help but remember how Hurricane Charley tried to devastate us 7 years ago on our wedding day!  We persevered and had a grand time then, but somehow I don’t think the same will happen this time around. You see, Charley went from a CAT 4 to a tropical storm once it got to NJ (still bad winds, but not horrible).  Irene, will strike us as a CAT 1 they are saying and have more landfall.  Again, we shall see, but either way you wanna be prepared.   Yes, I’m tying this into cancer and chemo…

There are 5 categories for hurricanes, http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/sshws_table.shtml?large, the higher the number, the worse the recipients are.  Same goes for cancer.  There are only 4 stages of cancer, but the first 3 stages have an A & B levels as well.   Each stage/category is more devasting than the previous one.  I feel very lucky to be in the lower stage 2 especially since my cancer was completely removed. 

I endure the devasatating side effects of my storm
I ride-out the emotional windfalls
I soak up the many drops of water down my face
I smile up at the sun when it shines and when it doesn’t
I am glad for our preparations & research
I thank God for my Love Ones & Supporters!

No comments:

Post a Comment