Thursday, August 4, 2011

5/25/2011 No way to sugar coat it…

No way to sugar coat it…

Turns out I have microscopic clusters (3 clusters < 2mm called N1) of cancer cells in ONE of the 2 nodes taken in surgery 5/16. 

So, VERY heartbroken to say….I will miss my hair after July.  I guess the good news is, everything else was negative and I will only get 4 doses of Chemo (2-drug regiment) spread over 12 weeks.  Then I’ll go for the radiation as originally planned. 

Can’t wait for Ireland!!!!

So…How do I feel?  Nothing positive at first, of course.  Chemo?  Who wants that?  Losing my most precious hair?!?!?  I’m more upset over THAT than the breast cancer!!!  So, now I will see about making a wig from my hair and maybe Kurt will give me some of his.  Of course, he’s taking it harder than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment