Saturday, August 6, 2011

8/6/11 Hey, I got this one for yah!

Day 3 after round 2 (yes, it’s a count-up after a countdown) and I’m feeling side effects, but nowhere near the pain I was the first time around.  Progress?  Or is my body saying, “Yeah. I got this one, Reggie.  You sit back & lemme handle the harder pain.  I’ll just numb yah up to it.  The wakefulness becomes a routine after Round 1 – waking every night (rather morning) at 2:30’ish AM with gastric pain and bloating…not fun, but amazing what you get used to.  I get to read my books then – LOVE READING!!!!!  Just read, Mary Hooper’s, Fallen Grace, and Mary Higgins Clark’s, I’ll Walk Alone.  I’m also going back and forth between books to Katherine Hepburn’s, Me.  All 3 books were fantastic!  I REALLY LOVE Kate’s autobiography.  I believe we have the same flare for writing.  Just say as it comes.

On another note…my Beloved Uncle Bobby hangs on another day down in Ormond Beach.  He’s in a lovely Hospice room near the beach.  Thank GOD he has such beautiful friends who have been visiting him often!!!!!!  Yesterday, Drew & his mother, Sue, went to visit him.  They brought him some of his homey items so he has familiar things around him – even one of his NY Yankees Bears to cuddle with.  They read the letter I faxed over to him as well.  This makes me feel good.  I don’t know where I’d be without them – if it weren’t for them…well…I won’t go there.

 Signs of TRUE FRIENDSHIP:
  • Stick BY ME through it ALL – even the sicknesses, hardships and other negative times
  • Pick me up when I’m down - Don’t kick me  
  • Listen to me when I need someone to hear me and lend me that shoulder for crying when needed
  •   KNOW that I am THERE WITH YOU for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE TIMES TOO!
Me & Uncle Bobby 1971 - Ramsey Pool

2 comments: