Thursday, August 4, 2011

WEEK 2 POST--CHEMO

7/21 - 7/22
Feeling more hydrated now and drinking LOTS of Gatorade!!! Still not up to par though – bloating continues along with the other gastro side effects (YUCK!) and I’m still wicked sensitive to the heat. 

I get my 2nd saline fluids on Friday 7/22 so I’m “set” for the weekend.  Yeah, I feel a lot better!!  NOW, however, I’m dealing with my SKIN hurting!!  Strange sensation, liked I’m bruising all over, and dry tearing eyes.  Could this be the start of the dreaded hair loss?  I think it is since the bruised feeling are where I have hair.  Here comes the loop-de-loop on the roller coaster. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
7/23/11
I go for a short morning outage with Betty to the Arboretum Iris show and sale.  Yeah, flowers will get me outta the house anytime.  Betty drives (bless her) and we have a hard time picking all the tubers out, but we somehow manage.  I’m happy with our purchases, but now I’m strangely tired.  Nah, not strange at all!  We get back home and I’m done for the day.  Back to bed!
7/25/11
So, was this enough for me to be going through?  Another...NOT!!!!  I get a call that my Uncle Bobby (Mom’s brother) isn’t answering his phone and no one’s heard from him since Saturday (3 days).  Long story short – after the police break in, they find him on the floor confused.  Let’s just say – I will go through a week as his POA and decision maker on his short journey Home.  I wanna go down sooo bad, but cannot due to chemo.  To quote the Madagascar Penguins, “Well this Sux!”

No comments:

Post a Comment